Human resource dissertations can cover a lot of topics. Choosing the right dissertation topic can ensure a successful thesis. While selecting, make sure you talk about the theories and models behind your dissertation. When writing about human resource or any subject topic, empirical data must always be presented to back up your thesis. Here are some sample topics you can choose from.
Human Resource Management
- Talk about traditional models and methods of management. Give examples of desirable characteristics and traits of an HR manager.
- Study the methods of hiring the right people. Give examples of how to interview and screen candidates and create an action plan to correct a wrong decision.
- Propose a process of promotion and a reward system that is equally beneficial to both the company and the employee. Create a basis for performance incentives that are achievable but will maximize talent resource.
- Write about the importance of aligning the H department to current labor laws. Present documented cases of labor law violations and how these violations can affect company resources.
Training and Development
- Show the difference between children and adult learners. Differentiate these two types of learners and focus on techniques used in educating adults.
- Propose a system that will collect needs analysis from trainees and fellow trainers to improve the quality. Discuss how to collect and store the data.
- Present different styles of teaching methods and propose a style that will be used in a company and discuss why that method is appropriate compared to the others. Include statistical data and personal testimonies to back up your dissertation.
- Talk about how a poor selection process can affect a business and how coaching and development through up-training can help correct the problem.
- Propose an experiment that will show the effects of using continuous training to motivate employees and improve overall performance.
- Study the methods and techniques in managing personalities of employees. Talk about different personality types and how to correct or adapt to each one.
- Discuss “Skill or Will” issues. Differentiate the two and discuss how to handle each one effectively.
- Offer a need for a performance management system that will coincide with employee handbook. Also, expound on the need for a handbook to be clear and concise to avoid misunderstandings. Also incorporate labor laws and other possible management issues.
- Write about techniques on how motivation can help your reader improve morale and goal-setting of employees. Include scenarios and solutions to common problems.
- Write about different methods to motivate employees and discuss what works and what doesn’t based on your studies.
- Explain how emotions can directly affect performance. Propose a way to manage emotions through coaching.